The Offshore Helideck Assistants (HDAs) typically carry out routine helideck operations such as maintenance and testing of helideck systems and equipment. HDAs also assist with passenger embarkation and disembarkation, as well as transferring freight and passenger baggage to and from the helicopter. HDAs will also perform the role of HDA Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) when preparing for helicopter landings and form the initial respond to helicopter emergencies. This training course is designed to give the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform the role of Helideck Emergency Response Team Member in Helideck Operations with high level of safety and efficiency.
All personnel designated as Helideck Emergency Response Team Member on offshore installations
- Theoretical lessons and practical exercises at Helicopter simulator:
- Helideck Emergency Response Preparedness
- Helideck emergency response pre-planning
- Helideck and helicopter emergency systems and controls
- NUI HDA Emergency Response
- NUI HDA emergency response requirements
- HDA Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM)
- HDA HERTM response in helideck and helicopter emergencies
- Practical Exercises for the HDA Emergency Response Team Member
Participants should demonstrate their knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a HDA HERTM and practice to a variety of helideck firefighting and non-firefighting emergency scenarios.