This program is designed to provide all aircraft crew traveling over water with the knowledge and skills necessary to react to an aircraft-ditching emergency, care for themselves in a sea survival situation, and to participate to the maximum extent in their rescue.
- Hazards to aircraft and personnel during over water operations
- Safety and survival equipment requirements and utilization
- Pre-ditching considerations and procedures
- Emergency ditching and evacuation procedures
- Upright emergency evacuation (practical)
- Survival and rescue water skills (practical)
- Off angle emergency evacuation (practical)
- Underwater escape training using the Underwater Egress Trainer (UET) or for mobile applications the Aircraft Ditching Egress Practical Trainer (ADEPT) (practical)
- Optional: Firefighting component
- Optional: Rescue/recovery training – helicopter rescue at sea simulation (practical)
- Optional: Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
One (1) day.